Thanks MM for the great rant post that can balloon out of proportion when I think about it
1) Why is it ok for you to let your child run riot and glare at me for disciplining mine with firm words and a steely glare ?
2) How comes it's ok for you to be in ill-fitting clothes with half your boobs hanging out but not ok for me to gracefully accept I am not built for certain clothes ?
3) Why is it ok for you to allow your child to eat eggs outside the house but not ok for me to choose cooking eggs for him at home to ensure hygiene ?
4) How is it ok for you to say "you leave your child with your in-laws for 8 hours! " and shudder when your child is taken to the sand pit by an underage maid?
5) Why is it ok for your parents to expect you to look after them in their old age but not mine ?
6) Where's the justice in attributing the baby's mercurial temper to the mother but not the persistent focus that's obviously her one big trait ?
7) Why's it ok for you to waste company time on surfing the net but not OK for me to gobble my lunch, finish my assignments and run home on time ?
8) If you talked your husband into moving out of his parents house, why is it a crime for someone else to do the same ?
9) Why is it ok for you to wait for your driver to open the door while your car blocks the driveway but not ok for me to blare the horn in the meanwhile ?
10) Why is it ok for you to say that bringing up a child is no picnic but cringe when I say my kid is driving me up the wall ?
11) Why is ok for you to ask me why I never join the ILs-bashing ladies club but not OK for me to say I am not into these shallow sports ?
12) you can advise me on child rearing but I cannot advise you to drop being a sati savithri and go out and fend for yourself.
13) if you are going to ask me why I don't employ a driver, be prepared to answer if you've lost the use of your limbs.